Sunday 4 April 2010

Happiness


I've made this page using a sketch on Pencil Lines as my starting point. As you know I usually make layouts with two or more photos but this sketch called for just one. I found a shot of Karen aged 6, taken in our back garden. She has always loved dressing up and even today she has her own inimitable sense of style.


For this page I brought out my somewhat neglected Cuttlebug. I used a flower die to create tone-on-tone white cardstock, leaving just one flower falling over the edge of the cut shape. Then I used a Sizzix Alphabet for the title and embossed the letters with a dot embossing folder. I also used the stamp dye and love embossing folder that came with the machine and tucked this square behind the photo for added layers. The papers are K&Co, the journalling spots are My Mind's Eye, and the ribbon is from American Crafts.


I think this tone-on-tone technique gives an added dimension to any layout but it is very time-consuming to do. Luckily, today, I had 4 hours to myself. Plenty of time to play!

1 comment:

  1. I like this LO a lot; the tone-on-tone looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin