Monday, 5 April 2010

Scrap Weekly in 2010: Yellow


This week's Challenge on Scrap Weekly in 2010 is to use yellow on your layout. Yellow is my least favourite colour and I cannot remember ever using it on any of my pages. So this week's challenge was harder for me than usual.
I dug out a really old K&Co daisy paper from my scrap box and teamed it with a newer brown one and an orange dot from manufacturer unknown. As I was planning my layout, I heard on TV a quotation that I thought I could use sometime, so I scribbled it down on scrap paper. Then I realised it might work for the page I was making. I debated writing out the quote neatly or printing it on my computer, but in the end I decided to use it as it was, as it seemed to fit the doodled theme.
I also used a Martha Stewart butterfly punch and yellow ribbon from American Crafts.
The page will be going to Jenni and Tom along with a 12x12 wall holder so that Jenni can display it in their new flat when they move in. As she is also a Scrapper, she will be able to change the layout on show whenever she wants.
After doing this challenge I realise that yellow is still my least favourite colour!

5 comments:

  1. I like it :)The lo, I mean! There's a lot of yellow about this spring and I'm starting to like it paired with grey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this LO!! That butterfly punch. You've met the challenge without letting your least fav colour disrupt your page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well done on the yellow - I found it hard too, realised I don't even have a folder for yellow papers

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this Ann, esp the use of the negative butterflies. Great photo too.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin