Sunday 28 March 2010

Living Here

Today I made a layout with some of yesterday's photos. My visit to Hove Seafront made me think about living where I do, and my journaling reflects my thoughts about this city. We've lived here 16 years now and my daughters do not remember very much about Aylesbury where they were born.
Aylesbury was very flat, with little to do unless you drove somewhere else, like the Cotswolds.
In contrast, Brighton and Hove City has something happening all year round, has a Metropolitan atmosphere..... and of course... it's by the sea (or rather the English Channel!) and the chalk cliffs of the South Downs.


I kept the colours on my page to white, blue and green and managed to use up scraps from my scrapbox. A Martha Stewart border punch and Papermania alphabet stamps were also used to make this simple layout.



I will link my layout to the Scrapbook Challenges Blog, the first time I've entered one of their Challenges. They have lots of sketches and challenges every month, all entries are due before the month end, and you can enter as many as you like. Go on over, take a look around.

3 comments:

  1. What a fab layout - so pretty. I love the letter stamps you've used for the title - they look great cut out and popped up like that.

    Fabulous photographs too. I worked in Brighton for a long time, and still spend a fair bit of time there as I have friends in Brighton, Hove and the surrounding areas. I absolutely love it there - it's such a fabulous city (and I remember well the day it was made a city - we all went out for drinkies to celebrate!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice! don't you just love to scrapbook memories!

    and i am so into martha stewart anything! especially border punches!

    thanks for coming by!

    ciao bella
    carmelina

    ReplyDelete
  3. great LO ...MS punches work so well on it

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin