Monday 25 January 2010

Getting Ahead

I often try to get ahead with card-making. I've made Christmas cards in July, sometimes straight after Christmas! And I just hate to be caught out and have to make a card in a hurry for someone's birthday. I need time to come up with an idea that's personal to the recipient or in a style they will appreciate.
So what's next on my calendar for getting ahead? Valentine's Day of course!



Am I really going to be sending two Valentine's cards this year?? Does Hubby know about this? No and no.
One card is for me to give to Hubby and the other is for my eldest daughter to give to her boyfriend.
So which one's for Hubby? Would you believe the frilly one? I know no other man who likes flowers and frills as much as my dear husband. He often gives me a bunch of flowers and then proceeds to arrange them in a vase and centre them on the table - you see he's actually buying them for himself but pretends they're for me.
I stamped the card background myself with Tim Holtz distress inks (Faded Lipstick and Shabby Shutters)and a small heart stamp, then sprayed with two colours of Glimmer Mists to get a sparkly finish, which doesn't show very well on the photo. The large hearts are cut from My Mind's Eye paper and backed with cream card. The sentiment stamp is from Graphicus and I also used some American Crafts ribbon.
I just love the effects you can create with the new punches from Martha Stewart, but with my self-imposed ban on buying new stash, I had to dig out my Fiskars border punch instead to make the frilly border.
Maybe I should have made three Valentine cards as my younger daughter has a new boyfriend? Hmmm, maybe not. Something this pink and girlie would probably frighten him off!

2 comments:

  1. Oh me likee...am a little behind with this sort of thing, but does it count that I've made a christmas card this weekend for a challenge? If only DH would buy fowers for himself and pretend, I'd take that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH has already DEMANDED a card for valentines - he isn't accepting my whiney 'I don't do cards' so I better start thinking eh? Love yours and I can believe it of hubby, Craig is the same lol!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin