Thursday 11 June 2009

Flowers






Confession time. I must admit I like flowers.
I made these cards and the scrapbook page a couple of years ago. The flowers were made using Hot Off The Press templates and scraps of decorative paper. My daughter was 18 months old in the photos and her favourite 'toy' was the watering can- but only because she got to play with water!
I have used the flower templates many times and flowers appear in many of my scrapbook pages. Looking through my photos has reminded me that I must get them out and use them again.
Every so often, and especially when I am lacking inspiration, I will revisit old techniques or pieces of equipment. I've recently used paper-weaving, border punches and stamping on scrapbook pages. If I need a spur to start my creativity I will set myself a challenge e.g. to use only green papers on a page. To really step out of my 'comfort zone' I would use yellow or pink! Eek! Confession time again: my favourite colour is blue. Were you to look through my scrapbooks, I defy you to miss the preponderance of blue!
If you are a fan of flowers like me, there's a chance for someone to win blog candy on The Stamp Man website including Kay Carley flower stamps. Here's the link to follow - http://thestampmanuk.blogspot.com/2009/06/stamp-mans-1st-blog-candy.html#comments
Good luck.









No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin