Wednesday 27 January 2010

WOYWW



This is more like it! This is how untidy my desk should look, especially when I've been getting my fingers dirty! There's distress inks and applicators, stamps and a spritzer bottle and lovely Glimmer Mists. All evidence that I've been making my own backgrounds and enjoying the process.
I don't seem to make this much mess often enough. Getting all the necessary items out of the cupboards is daunting enough to put me off usually, but not this time. Of course the mess has spread even further than you can see - there's all the ink-covered newspaper in the bin and some backgrounds drying at the other end of the table. I find it very satisfying to create from scratch and to produce something I'm happy with, from what is, if the truth be known, a very hit-and-miss affair!
I'm off now to check out everyone's WOYWW posts. If you'd like to join us hop over to meet 'Her In Charge' at Julia's place and see who's taking part.

4 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more about the hit and iss-ness of starting from scratch...I'm put off coz I have a result in my head and can never get there....and the advent of scrapbook papers really finishe doff my backgrond 'work'! Looks like you had fun too - and we know the cards were a success. I wonder if your carpet will glimmer a bit too?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a sight to make you smile isn't it? :) Someone obviously having fun! Mine is dismally clear today but only so I can get the sewing machine on it for a play :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous desk you have today ... I want to come play :0)And that is heart is beautiful ... lovely shape and colour! I am like you ... love making things totally from scratch :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you have been having fun!

    Hugs Pam

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin