Sunday 22 November 2009

Recycling Usefully




Just a quick post to show what I've been up to this afternoon!
The weekend's gone by very quickly (I was at work yesterday) and I only had a couple of hours to play. I wanted to make my Dad a small present for Christmas and thought he would like some stationery as he is always writing me letters.
I printed out some headed notepaper on my PC and then looked around for something to put it in. Eventually I had an idea and did some recycling by turning this A4 photo paper box into ....


......a stationery folder




The photo papers were emptied out of the box (and stored elsewhere for now), I found a couple of pieces of thick card from my stash, and I had the makings of a stationery folder. I chose 3 pieces of 12x12 Basic Grey paper to cover the disassembled box and used distress ink to make it look aged. I also used a craft knife and steel-edged ruler (to cut off the top and bottom of the box), rub-on letters and glue to make the finished item.

 
I think he'll like it. Not just because I made it for him, but because it's recycling at it's most useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin