Friday 21 August 2009

Short Post

'There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. One is roots; the other, wings'
by Hodding Carter
I saw the title - Grandparents Give The Gift Of Time - somewhere ages ago, but I cannot remember where. I have kept it in mind to use on a page someday and Sunday afternoon I finally used it!
I have very few photos left of the girls when they were young. They weren't taken with a digital camera so I cannot reproduce them, but most are safely scrapped and in albums now. These are a few I had left. They are all from different years, but there are enough to show how often my Mum and Dad have given their time and love to their grandchildren.
The gift of time is precious and the memories created can never be taken away.

2 comments:

  1. It really conveys the message too, Ann it's a lovely LO! I'm currently (slowly) working my way through non-digi images to scrap; I figure they're safer in my albums than in a draw or box, but there's a big deabte about this - lts of people like to make copies of them to scrap and keep originals 'archived' elsewhere. Not me, for sure, double filing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a woderful LO ... a very precious one. It made me think that maybe I should be less vain and let my son take more fun photos of me with my grandsons.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin