Wednesday 19 August 2009

Give her a camera....

I recently showed you a favourite layout featuring my daughter, Jenni, so I thought I'd better do the same for Karen. Have to treat them the same or there's trouble!!
This is one of my favourites because it shows what Karen 'does' - she plays around with her photography.
We bought her a Canon SLR for her seventeenth birthday when she was thinking of taking up photography as a career, and she is always taking photos. She uses Photoshop to manipulate the images to different colours (something I wouldn't even know where to begin!) and often does magazine-style cropping of her photos. This means cutting off the top of people's heads apparently. Also, she won't let me scrap her selfportraits until she's airbrushed them to her satisfaction. Can't have a bad skin day on a layout now can we? 
It's a big day for her tomorrow...... the dreaded 'A' Level results!
And, of course, a night out to celebrate or commiserate!

5 comments:

  1. That is a gorgeous LO and she is a beautiful girl. I expect she will do well in her A-levels. Is she needing certain grades for Uni?

    I often do veggie Spag Bol and Lasagne ...just use extra of the veg, garlic and herbs, I often feel that meat 3 or 4 times a week is enough. Are you very strict or do you eat eggs, fish and cheese?

    Fingers crossed for Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment Angie. No, I'm not Vegan, but I cannot bear to eat animal flesh. Comes from growing up next to a farm and making friends with all the pigs and cows!
    To me cows are intelligent creatures. They know their own names and have a hierarchy - they have to go into the milking parlour in the right order or there's a few hooves flying! They are also very curious and will approach people walking across their field to 'inspect' them.
    As for Karen, she needs an 'A' grade in Media - fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck for Karen!
    GORGEOUS LO - love the inside out matching pages. That would be a technical term!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blimey, she could be a model couldn't she. I love that she is not doing that poutey thing - that's like nails down a blackboard to me. Although you say she has manipulated these they still look very natural.

    Gorgeous pages - wish her good luck from me :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all your lovely comments everyone since I ventured into Blog World. They are all very much appreciated. You have encouraged me to continue with this computer lark rather than give up after the first week!
    Karen got the grades she needed and therefore into the Uni she wanted. She's a very happy girl today.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin