Saturday 5 May 2012

A New Start

I know I've not been blogging for many months and there are several personal reasons for that. Mainly, I was finding being online very time-consuming, time I enjoyed, looking at other people's blogs and commenting now and then, but I felt I couldn't keep up and hadn't much to contribute.
Also, my mother's Altzheimer's got very much worse and my father couldn't look after her. She was in a nursing home in Milton Keynes, and I needed to visit her and my elderly father more often. Sadly, she died in August 2011 and now my father is on his own in his house, with my sister, who lives nearby, keeping an eye on him. He is very frail at 88 and is also losing his memory.
Anyway, paper crafting has suffered immensely over the past year or so. No-one in my family now sends/receives cards from other family members (a money-saving exercise) and it's not worth me making them any more. I've also run out of photos to make scrapbook pages with!
Because I cannot sit and do nothing, and love to make things, I've taken up knitting again and (would you believe it?!) sewing. That's another reason I've not been posting lately, as this blog is meant to be about card-making and scrapbooking.
So, if you still want to see what I've been up to, I have a new Blog (link in the previous post) and I hope to see some of my old friends there occasionally.
Happy crafting!




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin