Saturday 3 April 2010

Origami Flower Tutorial


I'm having problems uploading to Blogger so my apologies for the quality of my photos today. 
Here's what I have been playing with this afternoon. It's the start of a layout and you might have noticed the paper circles cut from My Mind's Eye papers. There are eight of them and I'll show you how I turned them into an origami flower. I cannot claim this to be my technique. I found it a long time ago and have never attempted it before, but I'm happy with the result, so here goes....


For each circle you need to fold it in half and then again so that it is quartered. The pattern you want to see the most of when completed should be on the outside. (My paper though is only patterned one side).


Fold back two edges as shown, from one fold line to another.


Fold the circle inwards so that the folds you have just made are inside.


Now fold up the bottom edge to the top. Turn the paper over and do the same for the other side to form this shape.


Open out to form this petal shape. Keep doing this to all eight circles.


Finally, the eight petal shapes can be adhered to a scrap piece of card or directly onto your project in the shape of a flower, as below.


Now you can make a centre for the flower from paper, a button, or small punched flower and it is completed.


Here then is my finished layout using the origami flower and some American Crafts ribbon. I wrote the words on my computer and printed directly onto the paper....


So, why not give it a go? I hope I've explained it so that it looks as easy as it really is. If I can do it, anyone can!

3 comments:

  1. Ann, that really is stunning and you've made it look achievable too! Don't be surprised if I come back asking if I can link up to this one please :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really cool and, like Sian, I might be asking to use it on my blog, once I've tried it out myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Must have a play with this ...interesting possabilities. Happy Easter

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin